Summer League Swim *small* update
I just want to start by saying thank you. Thank you for all your kind words, support and overall resilience to these wild & crazy times. I'm beyond grateful to know each of you & honored to be back as your head coach for the 2020 season.
Good news first!
- I am planning to come back for the 2021 season! I know this season is going to look different. I am prepared for it & ask that you start to prepare your families for it too. I would hate for anyone to be disappointed or surprised by potential changes. But I want you to know I'm here to wade through these waters with each of you and am very hopeful for a "normal" 2021 season.
- We are not planning to cancel our summer league activities and there's a lot of room for flexibility. It may be that we have shortened season, an extended season into early July, or swim camps/clinics/fun in July. Decisions around the season will be shaped around CDC Guidelines, Atlanta Swim Association, county rules, and state & federal laws. A lot of these things are out of our control but I honestly feel peace about it! We will do our best to make the best of any situation. At the end of the day, it's not the season that makes our Hammerhead family so special, but rather the way we continually support each other in our most vunerable moments.
- ASA has done away with late fees & all swim team checks will be fully refundable! Once all parties involved have solidified the details of the season, I will update you on the pricing & we will refund as needed. More so, there's no late fees so you can go ahead & sign up or you can wait until we announce a deadline. It's totally up to your personal preference. If for any reason you need an immediate refund, please reach out to me via email.
Hard news (but really not that bad!)
- We are currently on a two week delay as we will not be able to get in the water until at least post - memorial weekend. I wrote *small update* in the subject line because that's the only finalized update for now.
- We are in waiting - as soon as I hear anything final from the swim league or the county/state, I plan to pass it on to you as quickly as I can.
I appreciate you guys and your patience more than you know. If there's anything I can do for you, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. Wishing everyone good health & joy in the coming weeks.